200 Harborview Plaza
La Crosse, WI 53072
5:15PM – 6:30PM Registration and Reception
Sponsored by Midwest Dental Talent Acquisition Team
6:30PM – 8:30PM
Worth 2 CE Contact Hours
Free Reception Provided
Approved PACE Program Provider FAGD/MAGD Credit
Approval does not imply acceptance by a state or provinicial board of dentistry or AGD endorsement
8/1/2015 to 7/31/2018
Provider # 306004
This course will touch on implant development, with a focus on clinical implant maintenance, recognition of peri-implant disease, emerging clinical treatment modalities, and innovative home care considerations.
• Review history of implant development and design characteristics
• Recognize potential contraindications for implant placement and how
• systemic disease and medications can impact implant success
• Differentiate between peri-implant mucositis and peri-implantiti
• Identify the dental hygienist's role in implant maintenance therapy
• Evaluate supportive home care devices for implant care
Speaker: DeeAnne Ashcroft, BSDH, MPH
DeeAnne graduated from Loma Linda University in 1974 with a BSDH, and completed a Master's in Public Health from her Alma Mater 10 years later. With 44 years in the field, DeeAnne has had the opportunity to develop expert clinical skills in a broad range of clinical practice settings, including General Practice, Prosthodontics and Periodontics.
From 2008-2015, DeeAnne achieved one of her lifetime career goals when she became Dental Hygiene Program Director for Carrington College-Portland. In additional to administrative duties, DeeAnne enjoyed teaching the didactic courses of General & Oral Pathology, Community Dental Health, Dental Specialties, Scientific Methods, Radiology and Pre-Clinic. DeeAnne now provides temp coverage for clinical dental hygiene and has enthusiastically embraced her most recent role with American Eagle Instruments, as a Clinical Educator.